Thursday, September 6, 2012

Best Friends

3rd Grade Best Friends Forever
Still friends through middle school... look at our hair!
and college
and after college
28 years and going strong
Mila and Wyatt... future BFF's 
As Mila's first day of preschool is approaching, I've been thinking a lot about who she will become friends with and if she will have a best friend in her lifetime. When we lived in NYC, I envisioned Mila running around with all the kids of the mommy's I befriended and how they would be best friends forever. Jump to two years later and all my NYC friends are sending their kids to different preschools which means the little ones will all make new friends. I've been fortunate to have a best friend and we've been friends for 28 years. We met in 3rd grade and have been inseparable since. We chat on the phone at least 3 to 4 times a week, to the point that our husbands can't believe we still have hours worth of conversation left by the end of the week, but we always have something to talk about. She's been my rock, my third sister, my sounding board and the person I can go to for anything. I feel so blessed to have her in my life.  I know Mila will have many people, friends and acquaintances come in and out of her life, but I'm hoping she's as lucky as I have been and will find a friend who will be with her forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment